Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cookies

I'm wrapped up in the selling of our home and dreaming of new abodes.
There are so many distractions, but I got some friendly advice from a wonderful blogging friend, so I'm sitting down to write about the chaos and the freshly baked goodness that's coming of it all!

I love this book, "Cookies: Bite-Size Life Lessons" by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. It has wonderful little lessons for children; it's also a good reminder for adults.

So I decided to bake up some goodness and think of other people. There is a homeless shelter in my town. My church group just had a "Princess Party" fund raiser to raise money for the women and children's portion. pve design created some beautiful princess illustrations for the event, which I put on hanging plaques as a gift to each little princess. Patricia from pve decided to donate her commission to the shelter. This woman keeps giving! I thought it would be nice to deliver the money and include some cookies and one of her illustrations attached to a plaque.
Here's the plaque hanging on one of pve's other designs. I love her work!!!
Deliveries to those in need help us reach outside of ourselves. My children helped me with the delivery.
I hope to make more regular entries. I'd like to do a give-away highlighting my friends' work on Etsy, The Cloverfield. Beautiful handmade jewelry! Look for this next week...
Until then, hope for the best, and remember to find joy in the raindrops of March!

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea delivering homemade cookies with plaques. Cookies bring a smile to all. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Frau. And thank you so much for stopping by again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea. My husband coordinates the supplies for a local men's shelter & we often coordinate or provide dinners for the men, but they rarely, if ever, enjoy home baked cookies!

    PVE may have been the very first blogger that I ever followed and she continues to be an inspiration to me - not to mention that I am a fan of her work!

    Wishing you a lovely day!
    Best,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. March brings rain and rainbows. I bet the recipents of the cookies felt like they found the pot of gold! A wonderful idea.

    I enjoy my visits with my CASA boy and his buddies. As they age out of the systems I keep my fingers cross they will be alright.

    I love Patricia's work and have some wonderful pieces in our home, they hold a special place in my heart since they are tied to 2 loves of mine that are now angels above. I can't speak or write enough about her and her golden heart.

    I hope the move will go smooth and yes please share. Have a golden day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely loved reading this post and being inspired by such kindness! THe world needs more people like you (and PVE!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Mel! Ms. pve is always an inspiration to me. And I love meeting her other blogging friends & end up finding new inspirations from them as well. I appreciate you stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so flattered that you took my advice, how wonderful those cookies look and smell!!!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily- Hopped over from Patricia's blog! Oh, those cookies look so delicious!

    I am now a follower!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete