Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mr. Mackintosh

Simple pleasures.
Simple peace.
Sunlit windows.
Soft retreat.


It's nothing glamorous - just an old table and chairs.

But I love it when I can find some pretty tulips to dress it all up.

Charles Rennie Mackintosh was a Scottish artist and designer. I have family in Wales, who are lucky enough to live in a house that was designed by him. It sports a beautiful window with a stained glass flower looking out over their staircase. Oh, his work is magnificent. My cousins gave me a dainty metal vase with a Mackintosh design, which I love to place sweet flowers.

It brings joy and a moment of calm to the day!

8 comments:

  1. It is so crucial that we as Mothers find this in our home and how delighted your family must be to see those petals.
    I learned a lot about Charles R.M. when I worked on an illustration for a client who lives there. The Rose is in many of his designs.
    Enjoy your simple pleasures and find peace in your day.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this lovely table has had many friends and family around her, sharing secrets, laughters and tears. I so love how you dress her up with beautiful flowers. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers bring life to a room. I've never been able to manage plants that require daily maintenance, but a colorful arrangement can transform an otherwise drab space. Love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from a daily visitor to PVE,
    I just read your first post -- a wonderful tribute to Irene and Grace. I look forward to your blog.
    bg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello coming by from pve...love fresh flowers they bring a bit of sunshine into the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edward and I would like to welcome you to the blog world! You have a lovely site here and I know we shall visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Glad to have found you. Lovely table - tulips are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ALL for stopping by! I've been out of touch the past couple of weeks, but please stop by again, as I'll be having my first free give-away! pve has been a great inspiration, and I can't wait to stop by each of your blogs very soon.

    ReplyDelete