Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Simple Treats

The cake is in the oven, a day late. As far as going to bed early last night...well, 10:30 pm was the bewitching hour! Like I said...baby steps. And I always try and remember Murphy's Law.



Simplicity could easily be at our fingertips. It's abstaining from the extras that we think are so necessary and important. Yes, we have to fulfill our responsibilities. But it's filtering the responsibilities that are a need and not a want. Oh, it's a hard task. And here I am blogging away!


I can't wait to try a slice of this delicious Meyer Lemon Rosemary Cake. Thank you Jenn! I plan on making the red wine chocolate cake by the end of the week.


In the meantime, I know a few people who love cake. Think outside the box; think of others. There's a neighbor or two who could use a slice!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, the bet laid plans are paved with good intention.
    I always try to time myself so that I can stay on top of things, but then again, I live with several "upended" individuals and one dog.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake sounds perfect for our snowy day. Do you deliver? Just kidding. I notice you live in Chicago. I live in the nw sub. Enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bring the wine for that cake... I love to bring goodies to my friends after a day of baking or soup-making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, I'm a St. Charles girl. I love to go to Ravinia...it's a hike, but so worth the drive!!! BYW, did you feel the earthquake this morning at 4 am?? I thought a truck hit our house.

    Debra, I would love to enjoy a slice of the above cake and indulge in a glass of wine (or champagne!).

    Hope you all are keeping warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I didn't hear the earthquake. I must have really been sleeping soundly. I love Ravinia too! xo

    ReplyDelete