Thursday, February 11, 2010

Little Things

Sometimes it's the little things that will push us over the edge or, on the flip side, make our days. For instance, after a "grueling" day of laundry, bottles, diapers, arts and crafts, errands, oh etc., my dear husband walked into the door, after his day of grading papers and teaching science to pre-adolescents. The first words that came out of his mouth were not, "Hi honey," or "Come here and give me a kiss!" No, they were "It smells like hot dogs in here."

I just sighed, and said, "It's macaroni and cheese, dear." Oh Irene...Oh dear Grace... what would you do in this situation? You'd probably pause, adjust your hair, and go up and give that sweet endearing man a kiss. And then pour yourselves a Manhattan. Atta' girls.

You have to love the little things. I was lucky enough to make macaroni and cheese for my wee ones. It was Annie's! And I love it that my dear husband appreciates my cooking, even if it smells like hot dogs every once in a while.

7 comments:

  1. I remember when my husband worked downtown and called on his way home with his favorite question "Hi, babe what's for dinner". Macaroni and cheese is a perfect comfy food, especially for this cold weather. Enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why we had hot dogs yesterday and I was wondering what that smell was? Ha! They tasted great on a SNOW Day too. Enjoy each moment.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I'm enjoying these moments. They make me laugh, even if it's hours later! Bundle up on these snowy days. Spring is around the corner, and the tulips will be a blooming. Until then, I'll snuggle with some hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your candid writing style....nice to meet you..this is my first pit stop to your blog...and i will follow you, cause I think you'd go great with a cup of coffee!

    come by and see me too sometime...bring your mug'o'jo too!

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Carmelina! I appreciate your encouragement and so glad you stopped by. I look forward to visiting your blog, and will bring my cup of coffee with cream - it's in hand as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily...

    I'm so glad you stopped by!
    Hope you come again and again..

    I posted about black coffee today! yikes!

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the positive way that you look at things. What a good wife and Mom.

    ReplyDelete