Monday, February 1, 2010

Simply February

Ah, it's the 1st of February! I love February. Although upon waking up this morning, I knew my 2nd post wouldn't be focused soley on love...I must simplify! I know, and why did I add a blog to my list of to-dos? Is it because I love the mania of it all???

I've never been one to journal. But I thought this would be a type of homework for myself. So my first assignment for the month is to simplify. And if you're up for the challenge, please join me in this quest!

1) I am going to go to bed at 8:00 pm tonight (unless my baby is crying and needs to be fed!).

2) I am only going to check my email twice today...uh, this is going to be hard!

3) I am going to make a Meyer Lemon Rosemary Cake (see the recipe from In The Yellow House)

4) I am going to focus on my family and enjoy a nice meal and a yummy cake with them (and probably play Barbies and Dinasours who hang out with Thomas The Tank Engine - it's a busy world)

Good luck, and live simply (baby steps).

3 comments:

  1. Ah, you are on a roll. I love your simple list. I am often an early to bed early to rise kind of Mom. I was told that we create less wrinkles that way. As for the meyer lemon cake, I am in and big "yes" to the play time with Barbies. My Mom would have to extract me away from them as a child. Another story for another day.
    Signing out for a busy day.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the cake! Perfect for a chilly Chicagoland day. Barbies & baking...it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete