Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Calm

The calm before the storm is being called to my mind. I received a sweet card in the mail today from a lovely woman named Patricia of pve design. It really made my evening, as the card was all about keeping calm and carrying on! With a child who has been sick for a month, and now we're looking to move to a different house...whoo...I need some calm!


Many who practice Lent give something up in order to turn their focus towards Christ and God during this holy period of 40 days. Yes, I'm looking to abstain from a favorite dairy product known as OBERWEIS (mint chip to be specific). I'm also hoping to turn my thoughts and attitude towards the calm. Maybe I'll let go of all the "I have to's" and the "I want to's" and focus on the things that really matter to moi: family, faith, and how the lack of frozen dairy products brings me closer to the Lord!

Happy Fat Tuesday, and may the "calm" be with you.

5 comments:

  1. I do hope your little one is well soon. Such an adorable little face. I will be giving up all sugar for Lent! Crazy- this week I have to make dessert for three separate occasions. A very good test I should think. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say three very good tests. Good luck, and I'll think of you too when I say no to ice cream. It will help us appreciate it even more; or it will show us that we can live without it!

    Have a great day Debra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That face would drive me wild. I am so glad the card arrived, I will keep sending good karma your way for zen moments.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily- You are moving AND giving up Oberweis ice cream?! I hope your sweetie pie will be well soon. That little face is too adorable!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! Yes, I had a princess party fundraiser (which we raised $540 for a local women's shelter), moving to a new home in town (hopefully), and little "G" with pneumonia. He is feeling better now, and our house goes on the market tomorrow. Oh boy. I've been tempted to sample some mint chip, but I'm still holding strong!

    ReplyDelete