Friday, February 5, 2010

People with Beards

Beards take time; beards take devotion. Abraham Lincoln, John Muir, and a rather dashing man I like to call my husband: they have at least one great common bond - a love of beards. Oh yes, beards take time for some. My dear husband likes to spend a winter growing and cultivating his. He's striving for one like John Muir, Walt Whitman, or Samuel Beam, the singer from Iron and Wine.

I like beards to a degree - they recall a simpler time; the frontier. I, on the other hand, take out my looking glass and tweezers searching the map of my face to be sure I'm as far away as possible on that frontier!!! I so miss going to the salon and having them wax my worries away.

Oh well, there's always the circus.


Photo of John Muir - a wonderful man.


Photo of my man - a wonderful man.

2 comments:

  1. My late Father had a beard. It was always groomed and well maintained-I loved it!
    I remember he shaved it off one summer without telling us and we were beside ourselves. He just didn't look like Dad...so he grew it back for us! You have a sweet looking guy there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debra. There's something about a good beard. I can just imagine how you felt when your father's beard disappeared!

    Now I'm used to seeing my husband with his full beard. He's had many attempts, but this is the first time he's really grown it in well. I'm so proud...

    Happy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete